– UK, Oxford – Circassia Pharmaceuticals plc (LSE: CIR), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on respiratory disease, today announces the following changes to its Board of Directors.
- Jo Le Couilliard is appointed as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect. Jo was most recently Senior Vice President, Global Commercial Transformation at GlaxoSmithKline, and brings significant commercial and international pharmaceutical industry experience to Circassia. She was previously a Non-Executive Director of the Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Sharon Curran is appointed as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect. Sharon was most recently Vice President, Global Specialty Franchise and Customer Excellence at Abbvie Inc. She brings extensive commercial and specialty pharmaceutical experience to the Company having held a number of senior roles at Abbvie, Abbott and Eli Lilly.
- Dr Heribert Staudinger is appointed as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect. Heribert is currently Immunology Clinical Lead at Sanofi Genzyme and brings extensive respiratory medicine development expertise to Circassia. During his 30 year career in pharmaceutical development he has held a number of leadership roles at Boehringer Ingelheim, Chiesi, Merck and Schering Plough.
- Dr Jean-Jacques Garaud and Marvin S Samson will retire from the Board at the Company’s 2018 Annual General Meeting, and will therefore not seek re-election as Non-Executive Directors.
In light of the appointments and retirements outlined above the Board will make the following changes to its Committees, and Lota S Zoth will become Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, effective from the date of the Company’s 2018 Annual General Meeting.
- Remuneration Committee: current Committee Member Lota S Zoth will become Chair. She will be joined by Jo Le Couilliard and Sharon Curran as Committee Members.
- Audit and Risk Committee: Jo Le Couilliard will join as Chair, succeeding Lota S Zoth, who will continue as a Committee Member. They will be joined by Sharon Curran as a Committee Member.
- Nomination Committee: Francesco Granata will continue as Chair and will be joined by Jo Le Couilliard and Dr Heribert Staudinger as Committee Members.
Dr Francesco Granata, Circassia’s Chairman, said: “We are delighted to welcome Jo, Sharon and Heribert to Circassia. The combination of their commercial, specialty pharmaceutical and respiratory development expertise will be extremely valuable as the Company continues its transformation into a leading specialty pharmaceutical business focused on respiratory disease. At the same time, we would like to thank both Jean-Jacques and Marvin for their significant contributions to the Company. They have both provided great strategic insight and direction during their time on the Board, and we wish them well on their retirement at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting.”
For more information : http://www.circassia.com
- Disclaimer - News, data and statement included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Product and brand names used in this release maybe trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Talent4Boards accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. No data or statement in this release should be considered a recommendation for the purchase, retention or sale of the securities referred to herein.